We influence services by working closely with health professionals by suggesting ideas and improvements for the future.
Work carried out by the Group
- Involved in health promotion initiatives, including ‘Talking About Cancer’
- Consulted about the re-location, signage etc. of the Macmillan Information Centres at Shotley Bridge Hospital and University Hospital of North Durham
- Attend user engagement events arranged by the Clinical Commissioning Groups and Durham Community Action
- Provide a patient/carer viewpoint for new initiatives and projects, as and when required
- Carry out ‘Five Senses Surveys’ of the 4 chemotherapy units in County Durham and Darlington.
- Review wig provision
- Proof-read patient leaflets and booklets
- Work closely with local support groups
Involvement with the Northern England Strategic Clinical Network
Members of the CD&DP&C Group attend NESCN events, including:
- Service User Partnership Group meetings (4 meetings a year)
- Site-specific group meetings, e.g. breast, gynaecology, haematology
- Cross-cutting group meetings, e.g. acute oncology, chemotherapy
- Working group meetings, e.g. research
- Peer Review Internal Validation meetings
- Conferences/Workshops, e.g. Chemotherapy Services, Acute Oncology Services, ‘Finding 1,000 People, Saving 1,000 Lives’ etc.
Representation on Health Professional Groups
- Cancer Locality Management Group
- County Durham & Darlington Foundation Trust - Cancer Services Group and Acute Oncology Group.
- Peer Review Internal Validation meetings for County Durham & Darlington Foundation Trust
- Cancer Survivorship Planning Forum